Friday, May 9, 2008

Better Business Bureau Scam - Not what you think!




Quick post here:

http://www.thebluesmokeband.com/bbb.php Anyone have any similar issues with the BBB?

I am not sure what is true and what is not .. but the writer is 100% correct on one thing - there is an "obvious conflict-of-interest problem."

The BBB takes "subscription" or "membership" donations (donation? please) from businesses. This means that businesses are the BBB's source of income.

But businesses are their object of complaint!!!!

It doesn't seem to me that this should be legal?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 9, 2008 at 7:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post brings out a level of frustration that I cannot put in words. The BBB either gets your money or your business is ripped apart on thier website.

After years of fighting them, I finally gave them the cash they wanted and now my business is crystal clean according to thier website.

Of course I can't sign this post because my lawn service will get blasted even further.

FRUSTRATED in Okemos.

 
At May 9, 2008 at 7:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same 'ole, Same 'ole.

If you are not a "member" .. you can do 500,000 transaction a year and have 5 complaints .. and your rating will be unsatisfactory.

If you are a member .. those complaints will be "resolved" and you will have a AA rating.

What I didn't know is that they are a non-profit.

Shame on them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

>> Home